Speaking on the escalating tensions, Trump said the situation remained uncertain but did not rule out force.

“I hope we don’t have to do the war, but we may have to give them another big hit… I’m not sure yet. You’ll know very soon,” he said.

He reiterated that Iran must not be allowed to obtain nuclear weapons, claiming the country could use them.

“There’s no question in my mind that they’d use it… They’re extremely radicalised,” Trump added.

Reports suggest possible strike timeline

Axios reporter Barak Ravid posted on X that Trump had suggested potential renewed military strikes on Iran could take place within days.

According to the post, the US president may give Tehran a “limited period of time” to reach an agreement.

Trump was also quoted as saying the timeline for action could be “2–3 days, maybe Friday or Saturday, early next week.”

Talks stall as US-Iran tensions continue

The warning comes amid a prolonged diplomatic deadlock between Washington and Tehran, with only one round of talks held since a ceasefire took effect on April 8.

Those discussions reportedly failed to produce a breakthrough.

Trump has repeatedly warned that Iran must agree to a deal or face severe consequences, stating earlier that “the clock is ticking” and warning that “there won’t be anything left of them” if no agreement is reached.

Trump says strike was delayed after Gulf appeals

Despite earlier threats, Trump said he postponed a planned attack on Iran following requests from Gulf countries, including Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the UAE.

“We were getting ready to do a very major attack tomorrow. I have put off attacking Iran for a little while, hopefully forever,” he said.

He added that he had been “an hour away” from approving military action before stepping back due to diplomatic outreach.

US keeps military option open

Trump emphasized that the US military remains prepared for immediate action if negotiations fail.

“I have instructed the military to be prepared to go forward with a full, large-scale assault of Iran on a moment’s notice,” he said, adding that the option remains on the table if no acceptable deal is reached.