'I acknowledge the fact that I do have privilege': Alia Bhatt on nepotism
Mumbai/IBNS: Alia Bhatt, who will soon make her Hollywood debut with Heart Of Stone, opened up on her film journey so far, and shared her thoughts on nepotism.
During a recent interview with Harper's Bazaar Arabia, Alia Bhatt, daughter of veteran actor Soni Razdan and filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt, said: "It (nepotism) has definitely come up a lot in conversation over the last couple of years. The long and short of it is, I empathise. I understand that it's possibly been easier for me to get through the door than maybe the next person.
"And I compare my dreams to another person's dreams: no dream is bigger or smaller, or more intense. Everybody's dreams are the same, everybody's desire is the same."
Alia Bhatt said that she "acknowledges" that she had a relatively earlier start.
"I completely understand where that conversation comes from. The only thing I can say is that I acknowledge the fact that I have gotten that head start. I acknowledge the fact that I do have that privilege, which is why I give 100 per cent every day and I never take my work for granted. The only thing I can do is keep my head down and keep working."
Alia Bhatt was launched in Bollywood by Karan Johar with 'Student Of The Year' in 2012.
The debate on nepotism started on Karan Johar's famous chat show Koffee With Karan, after actor Kangana Ranaut called the filmmaker the "flagbearer of nepotism," when she made an appearance on his chat show in 2016.
Speaking on cancel culture, "I have many thoughts. I also have many opinions. But I also feel like the world is full of opinions right now. So, I think the kind of person I want to be is one that keeps my opinions to myself, and leads with kindness and silence. Because we're missing a lot of that."
"And yeah, I do feel people are very quick to judge. But there's also a lot of good in the world that's happening. So I choose to focus on that, and as long as I'm not adding to the noise and staying away from it, I'm okay," she added.
On the work front, Alia Bhatt will soon make her Hollywood debut with Gal Gadot's Heart Of Stone.
She also has two Bollywood releases lined up - Karan Johar's Rocky Aur Rani Ki Prem Kahaani with Ranveer Singh, and Farhan Akhtar's Jee Le Zaraa with Priyanka Chopra and Katrina Kaif.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

He doesn’t fight evil, he destroys it! Nandamuri Balakrishna's Akhanda 2 teaser unleashes divine fury
Hyderabad/IBNS: The makers of the highly anticipated Telugu fantasy action drama Akhanda 2 have released the film’s teaser, showcasing Nandamuri Balakrishna reprising his dual role as Akhanda and Murali Krishna from the 2021 original.

Can’t miss horror! Dies Irae starring Pranav Mohanlal hits Jio Hotstar December 5
Pranav Mohanlal starrer Malayalam blockbuster Dies Irae, directed by Rahul Sadasivan, has locked its OTT release date, media reports said.

Tota, Abir and Mimi to star in Srijit Mukherji’s new film ‘Emperor vs Sarat Chandra’
Kolkata/IBNS: Celebrated filmmaker Srijit Mukherji has announced his latest project, Emperor vs Sarat Chandra, a powerful cinematic interpretation commemorating the centenary of Sarat Chandra Chattopadhyay’s iconic novel Pather Dabi.

Blockbuster opening! Tere Ishk Mein storms box office despite harsh critic reviews
Mumbai/IBNS: Dhanush and Kriti Sanon’s Tere Ishk Mein opened to packed theatres on Friday, registering a strong initial response at the box office.
Latest News

'Congratulations to my good friend': Modi’s heartwarming wish for newly married Aussie PM Anthony Albanese

Realme C85 5G launched in India: You won’t believe what this budget phone offers

Realme P4x launching on Dec 4 with a 7000mAh battery, Dimensity 7400 Ultra 5G chipset, and the new Realme Watch 5

Tripura’s first Commercial Coffee Common Facility centre inaugurated at Kailashahar

